Morrill Memorial Library
The Morrill Memorial Library is closed as of March 15, 2020. See library Website for more information.
The Morrill Memorial Library has been situated at the western end of the Norwood town center for over 120 years. The Library was a gift from Mr. and Mrs. George Morrill in memory of their daughter Sarah Bond Morrill. Mr. Morrill, a wealthy printing ink manufacturer, loved the design of the Lithgow Library and Reading Room in Augusta, Maine (1986) and commissioned the architect to design a sister library in Norwood. The Morrill Memorial Library and its furnishings and collection were turned over to the Town of Norwood in 1898. Several additions (1928 and 1965) and a complete renovation in 2001 have kept the Library a cultural, educational and recreational center into the 21st Century.