Bedford Free Public Library
The Bedford Free Public Library was founded in 1876 by a group of townspeople. While its goal was to serve the entire community, it was supported by private funds and governed by a private corporation. The early members of the Library Corporation saw the Library not only as a provider of books, but as an “educator” in a broader sense. Today, the increased space has allowed the Library to offer more resources, services, and programs to the community, such as more space to expand print, audio, and DVD collections; a separate Children’s Room with storytime space; a young adult area; more meeting and study rooms; more space to work and read, and the uses of interior space are dynamic to meet changing needs.